The Boulder Arts Commission was established in 1979 to increase awareness and support for the arts. It consists of five members appointed by City Council for five-year terms.
The Commission’s functions are:
(1) To promote and encourage the development and public awareness of and interest in the fine and performing arts in the city;
(2) To advise the city council in connection with all matters relating to the artistic and cultural development of the city;
(3) To perform such other functions associated with the arts as the council may from time to time direct;
(4) To make recommendations to the council with respect to annual budget appropriations for the arts;
(5) To assist in the preparation of applications for grants or other sources of funding for arts programs for the city;
(6) To administer the city arts grant program and other city arts programs pursuant to any authority provided therefor by ordinance of the council; and
(7) To advise and consult with local arts groups as requested by such groups or by the council.
To see a list of Commissioners and their contact information please go to “Contact Us”
Applications for Arts Commissioner
To apply to become an Arts Commissioner, please check for available openings, requirements and application forms on the City of Boulder’s website.